Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Better then Marie Calendar's...

Do you need a super easy meal or craving some kind of comfort food? Do you have a friend that just had a baby and you are bringing her dinner soon? Then this really easy and delicious chicken pot pie is just what you've been looking for, honestly, I don't even know if it qualifies as a recipe even, that's how easy it is! This is normally my go-to meal to take to new mommies or to make when I don't have the time or energy to come up with something new for dinner. Now, I do have brag, I have once been told by someone that they thought "This is better then that...what do you call it?? Oh yea, Marie Calendar's pot pie!" Haha, that was an awesome moment :) It is really simple though and its just a few ingredients thrown together, so I can't take a ton of credit for making my own crust or anything like that, because, well, who has time for that?!





Chicken Pot Pie

1 rotisserie chicken
1 box (2 shells) Pillsbury Pie Crust
1 12 oz bag frozen mixed veggies
2 cans cream of chicken soup
Salt/Pepper to taste
(I also like a little Sage)

Preheat oven to 375.

Thaw veggies in water in large bowl in microwave for 2 minutes, drain
Get all the good meat off the chicken, add to veggies
Mix chicken, veggies and cans of chicken soup together
Roll out one pie crust onto a greased pie plate
Spread chicken filling into pie plate
Top pie filling with other crust, pinch both crusts together
Make 4 slits in crust for steam

Pop in the oven for about 25 minutes
Then up temp to 400 for 10-15 minutes
Then up temp again to 425 for 10-15 min
Check the bottom of the pie plate to see if crust has fully baked
Make sure when getting pie out to place onto a cookie sheet to cut or else you will have a crumbly mess all over your counter. Don't be alarmed if the very edges are almost burnt looking; you can use a pie crust ring to help prevent that, or line the edges with foil about half way through (although in my opinion, this is a pain!) I know most people add milk to the soup, and I used to too, but I realized that it just makes the consistency of the filling too runny after it cooked, and I like the filling to be thick and full of chicken flavor.

Let cool for about 10 minutes.

That's it. Super easy and tastes like grandma's pot pie! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment