Friday, June 8, 2012

Pearl Harbor

In honor of the recent D-Day anniversary, I thought I would post some photos I took at Pearl Harbor 2 weeks ago. It was a touching experience for sure. Walking through the memorials and reading about the specific events that happened that day was heartbreaking. Being a military wife and an American, I am so very proud of our service men and women, as I am everyday; but walking on that very ground that was attacked like no other in history, brought even more of a deeper sense of pride and appreciation for what happened that day. I hope you enjoy these photos, and remember to count your blessings and be grateful for this amazing and free country we live in; thanks of those who have served and still serve today.



Ford Island


U.S.S. Arizona Memorial, built over the sunken ship



The U.S.S. Arizona ship, underwater



The men and women who are forever at rest in the sunken U.S.S. Arizona

No comments:

Post a Comment