Monday, August 27, 2012

Why Didn't I Think Of That?!?

Pinterest; for me, it's a love/hate relationship. I love it for the obvious: awesome ideas, yummy recipes, inspiring quotes, cute crafts and so on...I dislike it because it's addicting, it can make you question your own crafting skills, and it can really make you crazy with that constant "Wow, I really need to keep up with everyone else and try this {recipe/craft} like right now!" Do you know what I'm talking about? Also, how about that constant thought, "Why didn't I think of that?!"?
Well, I did find this super simple idea for me to do with my daughter that only required me to buy one thing, and would provide us an opportunity to work on something together :)
We made some mini lanterns out of Dixie cups and Christmas lights! That's it! Very simple and very cute! She enjoyed the project and the outcome, and most importantly, making something with mom :)
Here is what we came up with...now I know it would look WAY better with a string of white wire Christmas lights, but this is what we had, and, being 7, she really didn't care ;)





So, you take Dixie cups, mark an X at the bottom and cut with an Xacto knife and push light bulb through the X, and that's it! Cute, huh? These are the kinds of Pinterest ideas I love; simple, easy, inexpensive, creative and a good project to do with my kids.

What's your favorite new idea you have found on Pinterest?

~Susan


No comments:

Post a Comment