Friday, January 18, 2013

Shredded Honey BBQ Pineapple Chicken Sandwiches (Crock Pot)

Thursday nights are gym nights, and because we don't get home until 6:45-7:00, I knew I wanted to do dinner in the Crock Pot. I didn't want to go to the store and buy ingredients to make a meal; I wanted to use what I had on hand. So, I was going to just throw some BBQ sauce over chicken and call it good, but then I saw this recipe and since I already had everything for it, I figured I'd try it! I halved the ingredients since we didn't need to make as much and it was the perfect amount with some leftovers for today (which I've already had, and it was so good!)


*below is the recipe already cut in half*

Shredded Honey BBQ Pineapple Chicken

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (slightly thawed and cut in half)
3/4 bottle Kraft Honey BBQ
1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
1/8 cup brown sugar
1 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
1 (big) can pineapple tidbits (drained)
Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
Cheese slices for topping

In a bowl mix the BBQ sauce, Italian dressing, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce. Place chicken in slow cooker and cover with sauce mix. Cook on high for 4 hours or until chicken is cooked through and pulls apart easily. (It will look really saucy, but once the chicken is shredded and the pineapple is mixed in it will be the perfect amount) Shred chicken in the sauce and pour pineapples over and mix in. Cook on high for 30 more minutes while prepping rolls and cheese and sides.

Place mixture on rolls and top with cheese and watch it melt into yummy cheesy goodness!

Like I said, I made these for lunch again with the left overs, and today I used Pepper Jack cheese and also topped with dill pickles-SO good!

Hope you enjoy! And don't forget the napkins.

~Susan




No comments:

Post a Comment