Saturday, January 21, 2012

Baby C.E.'s newborn shoot

Yesterday I had the opportunity to do a photo shoot of a sweet little newborn. Since he was born at 33 weeks, he was only 6 lbs at 4 weeks old! When I first got there he seemed SO tiny! I guess it's been a while since I've held a newborn, plus, all my babies were born at 9 lbs, so to me, 6 lbs is so small!!
I think the shoot went well! It took some time calming him and getting him comfortable in the positions, but he was a trooper! We had fun playing around with props, and luckily my friend's house has some awesome colored walls and a really cool backsplash in her kitchen we could utilize, what a big help that was! These were shot with all natural light and I used my 50mm 1.8/f lens. This is a new lens to me, and since it doesn't zoom, there is a lot of moving around you have to do with it, I guess it just takes time and practice. Anyways, it was a fun time and I definitely learned some things for the next newborn shoot! Can't wait! I just LOVE LOVE LOVE babies!!! Want to book a shoot? You can find my email address on my website at www.susanwetlesenphotography.zenfolio.com under contact.

Hope you enjoy some of my favorites from the shoot (If you click on the photo, it will display as a slideshow ;)









No comments:

Post a Comment