Monday, January 16, 2012

"Which of my photographs is my favorite?....

....The one I'm going to take tomorrow." -Imogen Cunningham 

Hi there! My name is Susan. I am a military wife and a mother of 3. Currently we are based at Elmendorf AFB, Alaska. We live up in the Mat-Su Valley and are loving every minute of this new state-The Last Frontier- we call "home". I love cooking and trying new recipes. In my opinion, making people happy through food is one of life's simple pleasures. "Vegetables are a must on a diet. I suggest carrot cake, zucchini bread, and pumpkin pie." -Jim Davis
Sewing is fun and can be quite rewarding if your project turns out right, especially if you are giving it as a gift ;) I do know American Sign Language, as that was my major in college; I'm not sure yet what I want to do with that, but, I did meet my best friend through the program, so it's always neat when we get together and can chat in another language! Pictures and photography are one of my new favorite interests, hence, this blog!

So, enough about me, time to welcome my family, friends, readers, and fellow aspiring photographers! I've decided to start this blog for my photography in hopes it will help spread the word, get my name out there, and allow friends and family from afar to see what I've been working on. I believe Facebook is a great tool, but I feel I need to spread my wings and expand from just my "buddy list".  My goals for this blog are as follows; have a place I can display my photos in full effect (Facebook likes to change pictures to fit their format), be able to share stories, special moments, and memories from photo shoots, write about my dreams-my ups and downs as an aspiring photographer, and lastly be able to share what I've learned through my experiences so others can take from it and apply it to their journey. Don't be surprised if I slip in a post here and there of a new recipe that I just HAD to share since it was so delicious, or a craft idea I fell in love with and had to try my hand at :) I'll also try my best to share with you any recent blogs or websites I've come across that I think have great tips, tricks or ideas related to photography.

Thank you all for your support and encouragement while I venture this new business called photography! Stay tuned as I have a newborn shoot coming up this week! :) You can visit my photography website at www.susanwetlesenphotography.zenfolio.com. There you can see some of my work. It's also where I post proof albums for customers to view their final edits. If you have any questions on pricing, booking a shoot, or anything really, my email is on my website under Contact.

I hope you enjoy tagging along on this journey with me!

Thanks,

~Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment